Flat screen televisions are now a standard, and it seems that flat screen TVs nowadays are more advanced. The technology is dynamic and ever-changing, and we, as viewers, are enjoying the full benefits of these technological changes. Our viewing habits have changed. Now, we can watch more shows through the Internet, through platforms such as Netflix and Amazon, and more.
We have more expectations when it comes to the televisions we buy – and we have more expectations with regards to our viewing pleasure as well. Watching television should be a relaxing endeavour, and this is why our comfort is important – and our comfort is affected by the position of our television. If you’re having difficulty deciding between mounting your television on the wall or placing it on a TV stand, here’s a comparison to help you decide which to choose.
Your top considerations
With each of these two options come different pros and cons. But you have to think about specific considerations as well. One factor which can influence your decision, for example, is the size of your television. Another factor would be the layout of your seating area as well as its size, and yet another consideration is whether you want to be able to shift or change the position of the television according to your viewing requirements. Another factor which could impact your decision would be whether you may want to change the layout of your furniture in the room in the future or you are satisfied with its overall look.
The pros for placing your TV on a stand
- You can quickly move the TV stand if you want to rearrange the layout of the furniture in the room.
- If you place your television on the stand, it may be a bit easier for you to connect some components because you only need to plug the component to the TV’s exposed equipment.
The pros for TV wall mounting
- It allows you to save space. If your home is small and space is limited, you could well opt for a TV mount because it will enable you to use up the space for other things. With a television mounted on the wall, you have more space and your home will look more spacious as well as less cluttered, too.
- You can choose from different kinds of TV mounts, such as flat TV mounts and swivel and tilt TV mounts. If you prefer changing the direction of your TV according to where you are in the room or according to different seating areas, then a tilt and swivel TV wall mount is a good choice.
- It’s easier to install surround-sound speakers on the sides of your television, and you can do this on the wall as well.
- The room will have a cleaner look with the wires of the television hidden from view, and your television can even serve as a focal point for the room, much like a wall hanging or piece of art.
Whichever you decide in the end, make sure you think about it as carefully as possible; it is, after all, a big decision which can affect your comfort, your available space, and your overall viewing pleasure.